How do ACPs of continuous and cyclic action differ
08.05.20201630 Page views
In this material we will dwell in more detail on each of the above-mentioned technological schemes, and also give an answer to the question of which equipment will be better in a particular case.
All types of asphalt plants can be conditionally divided according to the operation principle of technological equipment: there are continuous ACP and those of cyclic action.
Asphalt concrete plants (ACPs) of continuous action
The name of this type of asphalt mixing plant speaks for itself: all technological operations carried out on such a road machine take place continuously.
Features of ACPs of continuous action:
- These road machines use continuously working drying and mixing drums characterized by reduced power consumption and mass.
- Unlike the other type of ACP, there is no tower here and dosing goes directly from the batchers (and not from the batching hoppers, as in a cyclic ACS). As a result, the raw materials are fed in a continuous stream.
- The nodes of this equipment are similar to the nodes of a cyclic installation, the difference lies in the principle of their operation.
In the case of continuous ACP, the operation scheme is as follows:
- Initially, all pre-fractioned components enter the special batching hopper. (This unit works just like batchers, while in cyclic plants the units are responsible for pre-dosing of components). A strictly batched amount of sand, gravel, bitumen and mineral powder is always maintained in the product.
- At the next stage, the prepared raw materials are sent to the inside of the drying and mixing drum, in which the materials are heated to a predetermined temperature and dried. After drying and heating to a predetermined temperature, the material from the inner part of the drum enters the internal mixing chamber through the outlet openings. Also at this stage, mineral powder and various components (rubber crumb, etc.) are added to the ingredients, and after reaching the required temperature and thorough mixing, a liquid bitumen binder is introduced. Mixing occurs at a certain temperature until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- The asphalt concrete mix is fed by a mixing anti-segregation scraper conveyor to the storage hopper, from where it will subsequently be transported and used for the needs of road construction.
ACPs of cyclic action
In the case of cyclic ACPs, the mixing of the components occurs batchwise and sequentially.
The operating procedure of the equipment is as follows:
- The ingredients enter the hopper of the power unit. (If necessary, the materials are pre-crushed to the specified proportions in crushing plants). Products are stored in compartments of a hot hopper with thermal insulation. Crushed stone and sand are fed into the dryer of the drying unit in predetermined proportions, where they are heated by burners to certain temperature values.
- The resulting mixture is sent for sorting to the mixing unit, where it is divided into fractions.
- The batched mixture is sent for sorting to the mixing unit, where it is divided into fractions. The mixture is mixed and discharged into a special storage hopper.
- Cyclic asphalt mixing plants are designed to ensure that the mix can be changed at any time. In theory, one can prepare each new batch with a new recipe.
Which ACPs are better: continuous or cyclic ones?
In order to answer this question, we shall dwell in greater detail on the advantages and disadvantages of each model.
|ACPs of continuous action||ACPs of cyclic action|
In order to understand which asphalt mixing plant you should choose, answer the following questions:
- How often do you plan to change the recipe of the mixture?
- What role does the mobility factor play for you?
- Are you sure of the quality of the raw materials that are delivered to your facility for production?
We shall talk more specifically about the last point. Since the quality of the purchased crushed stone does not always meet the GOST standards, asphalt concrete mixers operating in a continuous mode cannot always produce a product of the required quality.
The problem can be solved by upgrading the plant with a separate screen, responsible for the initial preparation of the ingredients.
In the product range PrJSC “Kredmash” you will find modern high-performance asphalt mixing plants that fully meet all current market needs. They allow to produce a solid mixture according to any of the recipes accepted in the European Union.
It should be noted that mainly asphalt mixing plants of periodic action, of various modifications and completeness, with a capacity of 60 to 200 tons/hour are in demand in various countries of the European-Asian regions.
Would you like to know more about the products of our company? Specialists of the Kremenchug plant of road machines will be happy to advise you and select the ultimate machinery for your task.
Publish in social networks
Assembly, installation and commissioning of asphalt plant (AP)
22.12.2020154 Page viewslearn more
Design and preparation of the site of the asphalt plant
21.12.2020157 Page viewslearn more
Environmental friendliness of the asphalt-mixing plant and its impact on the environment
26.10.2020531 Page viewslearn more
Find a dealer in your region