Soil mixing plants and their use in road construction
16.08.20181262 Page views
Today, the use of soil-mixing plant DS 50B opens up new perspectives for road construction to experts.
Soil mixing plant is a technique for road construction, with which bitumen-soil and cement-soil mixes are produced.
It is designed to produce the basis of the roadway, as well as perform a number of other related works. The advantages of this equipment are high performance and low power consumption.
In this article we will tell you in more detail about the existing types of this equipment, the average productivity of soil-mixing machines and other topical issues of its operation.
What is a soil-mixing plant and what is it for?
As mentioned earlier, this type of road equipment is necessary in order to produce two different types of mixture: cement-soil and bitumen-soil. For this purpose, noncohesive soils are used (including sandy loams with a plastic index of 3-7 and with the inclusion of solid rock particles with sizes up to 70 mm).
The average productivity of soil-mixing plants ranges from 200 to 240 tons per hour.
This equipment is necessary to perform a variety of manufacturing operations:
- Dosing of the main component of the product - soil. Before mixing this and other components, the soil is cleaned from large-sized stone particles according to a predetermined recipe, after which the purified component is fed into a continuous mixer.
- The plant also performs metering and feeds cement to the mixer. Other dry binders can also be supplied from the feed hopper.
- The next step involves the delivery of soil, cement and liquids (water or liquid binders), which were in the buffer tank, to a continuous mixer, where the raw materials are mixed.
- After that, the resulting mixture of various materials is sent to a specially designed receiver.
- The final stage is the unloading of the finished product from the receiver into a special vehicle.
Types of soil mixing plants: their use and purpose
The whole process of working with equipment is carried out by one operator, who sits in a specially equipped room: the operator's cabin. Here the staff on a special display can monitor how the manufacturing a product proceeds.
PrJSC Kredmash offers these types of soil-mixing plants: DS50B and DS50B with MCS (microprocessor control system). They have both general technical characteristics and their own distinctive features.
Let us dwell in more detail on what unites both these models:
- Number of power supply unit blocks: 3 pcs.;
- Ready mix bunker volume: 5 m3;
- Average technical productivity: 200-240 t / hour;
- Tank for liquid binders or water volume: 14 m3;
- The bunker for powdery materials volume: 23 m3;
- The bunkers of the power units contain: 3 bunkers x16 = 48 m3.
In addition, they have the following parameters:
- The weighing error at continuous dosing of components and cement is only ± 1%;
- Feed of inert elements can be adjusted from the operator’s cabin;
- The error in the distribution of liquid using a flow meter is only ± 0.5%.
Of course, these models of technology for the construction of roads have differences: in this case it is one, and quite significant. Thus, the DS50B is equipped with a relay-contact control system, while the DS50B with local MCS - a microprocessor. In the latter case, the weight dosing of cement and water is used instead of the bulk one.
Thanks to the excellent quality of products, the use of good-quality European components and the optimal pricing policy, you can profitably buy a soil-mixing plant. With it, you can produce a good mix that will be highly valued in the road market.
In the case of completing the DS50B with MCS with an additional capacity for bitumen emulsion, it can be used as an installation for cold recycling.
Publish in social networks
Find a dealer in your region